Press release -
Norwegian unveils greater rewards for loyalty scheme members
- Enhanced loyalty programme increases ease, flexibility and choice for members
Norwegian, Europe’s third largest low-cost carrier, has introduced more incentives for members of its loyalty programme, Norwegian Reward. From today, more than 300,000 UK Reward members can benefit from a choice of rewards based on the number of flights taken in a year:
Norwegian Reward is one of the most popular loyalty schemes in the skies where members earn CashPoints to use as currency to gain cost savings on all Norwegian flights.
Members will earn CashPoints on all tickets and now receive a new reward after every sixth flight flown. The more flights taken in a year, the more opportunities members can choose one of the four rewards, which are each valid for 12 months.
Brede Huser, Vice President of Norwegian Reward said: “Norwegian Reward is unlike any other loyalty programme in the skies and now we have made it easier than ever for members to benefit from flying Norwegian. Customer loyalty is important to cementing our future international growth, and in addition to providing passengers the highest quality and services, rewarding our loyal members is a simple way of showing appreciation and retaining customers.
“With this in mind, Norwegian Reward members have taken 20 per cent more flights over the past year as we have enhanced the scheme including extending the amount of time members can claim CashPoints. By introducing rewards, our members have more flexibility and can easily keep costs to a minimum that will improve their overall travel experience with Norwegian.”
Norwegian’s brand new website design integrates Norwegian Reward where members can simply log in when booking flights and use earned CashPoints or rewards as payment. Members can also access their rewards, earn CashPoints up to 30 days after departure and track progress of CashPoints online.
Notes to editors
* CashPoint boost may be chosen up to 5 times, which in total gives 10 % extra CashPoint earning on LowFare tickets.
- Members can choose a reward up to eight times and the 2% CashPoint boost up to five times
- Members who fly 48 flights within a year will receive free seating, free baggage, free FastTrack and a 10 % CashPoint boost (in addition to existing 2 % CashPoint earning on all flights) for travel in the next 12 months.
Norwegian in the UK
- Norwegian first launched UK flights in 2003 and now operates from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester Airports to 34 destinations worldwide.
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 3.9 million yearly passengers as of November 2015, and with 130 pilots and 300 cabin crew working from its Gatwick base
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. flying directly from Gatwick to New York, Fort Lauderdale and Los Angeles
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free in-flight WiFi on UK flights to 29 European destinations