Norwegian Reward, the loyalty scheme of low-cost airline Norwegian, today adds Groupon UK to its growing list of partners where members can earn points toward discounted and free Norwegian flights.
The award-winning loyalty programme is fast approaching one million UK members who benefit from exclusive bonuses and discounts. The scheme is attracting members by partnering with popular consumer brands to give members more ways to save money on Norwegian flights including new direct services from London to Singapore, Buenos Aires, Chicago and Austin.
Norwegian Reward members can now purchase any Groupon UK offer and earn up to 10% of the purchase value in CashPoints – the loyalty’s programme’s currency. CashPoints can be used toward the cost of flights and extras such as baggage, meal service and seat reservation.
Brede Huser, Managing Director of Norwegian Reward said: “There’s never been a better time to partner with an internationally renowned brand like Groupon as Norwegian rapidly expands into the USA, Asia and South America.
“Groupon reflects Norwegian Reward’s emphasis on giving consumers cost savings and better value whether shopping for amazing experiences or flights and holidays.”
“As such, Norwegian Reward members can now benefit more by easily converting Groupon offers into cheaper and free Norwegian flights.”
Jon Wilson, Managing Director, Groupon UK said: “This partnership between Norwegian and Groupon UK is going to be a real hit with our customers. Not only will they be able to discover amazing things to eat, see, do and buy with us – but by doing so they’ll also earn themselves money off flights with Norwegian.”
Norwegian Reward was awarded ‘Programme of the Year Europe/Africa’ at the 2017 Freddie Awards. The loyalty scheme gives its members a new ‘reward’ after every sixth flight which is valid for 12 months including free seat reservation, free baggage and a 2% CashPoint boost.
UK-based Reward members can also earn CashPoints when booking Norwegian flights, hotels and car hire with a range of partners.
Notes to editors
- CashPoint earn per Groupon UK purchase
- 1-15 of each month 10% CashPoints on gross purchase value
- 16-31 of each month 5% CashPoints on gross purchase value
About Norwegian Reward
Norwegian Reward is the award-winning loyalty programme of Europe’s third largest low-cost airline, Norwegian. The loyalty programme launched in 2009 and currently has approximately 5.5 million members worldwide earning CashPoints which helps reduce the cost of travel with Norwegian. Norwegian Reward won the “Best up-and-coming Award” at the 2017 Freddie Awards. Visit Norwegian Reward
Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) is building the daily habit in local commerce, offering a vast mobile and online marketplace where people discover and save on amazing things to do, see, eat and buy. By enabling real-time commerce across local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products and live events, shoppers can find the best a city has to offer. Groupon is redefining how small businesses attract and retain customers by providing them with customisable and scalable marketing tools and services to profitably grow their businesses.
To download Groupon's top-rated mobile apps, visit www.groupon.co.uk/mobile. To search for great deals or subscribe to Groupon emails, visit www.groupon.co.uk. To learn more about the company’s merchant solutions and how to work with Groupon, visit www.grouponworks.co.uk.
Norwegian in the UK:
- Norwegian carries 5.2 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester Airports to 50 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 800 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 7 U.S destinations with fares from just £139 one way
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for four consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2016, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in both 2015 and 2016