- Loyalty scheme members receive 10% discount on all travel activities worldwide
Low-cost airline Norwegian has partnered with GetYourGuide, the largest travel activity booking website. Members of the airline’s award-winning loyalty programme, Norwegian Reward, can now reduce the cost of future flights when choosing from nearly 30,000 tourist experiences worldwide.
Norwegian Reward is free to join and now has 4.6 million members globally, adding 100,000 each month on average who receive exclusive discounts and offers with Norwegian. Reward members can flexibly spend CashPoints on any Norwegian flight including taxes in addition to checked baggage, seat reservation and fast-track for more seamless travel at a reduced cost.
600,000 Norwegian Reward members in the UK can now earn CashPoints by doing the activities they enjoy most when booking tourist activities with GetYourGuide. Whether biking the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco or wanting to avoid the lines at the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, the largest website for travellers to book tours, excursions and tickets to tourist attractions, hosts a wealth of experiences at unmatched prices for holidaymakers.
To mark the new partnership, Norwegian and GetYouGuide is offering all passengers using Norwegian’s inflight Wi-Fi the opportunity to receive a 10% discount on any activity. Passengers who register interest for activity suggestions during their flight will receive an email upon arrival at their destination with options to book exciting discounted activities.
Norwegian Reward members will benefit from 10% discount on all GetYourGuide activities and double the amount of CashPoints for any activity booked by 6 October, 2016.
Brede Huser, Senior Vice President of Norwegian Reward said: “All of our members can now explore and earn CashPoints by doing tourist activities anywhere in the world. We are continuing to enhance the travel experiences of our members while providing more ways to make flying with Norwegian as affordable as possible. So whether you’re a holidaymaker or feeling curious in your hometown, this fantastic new partnership will help you build priceless memories while reducing the price tag of your next trip.”
Eugen Triebelhorn, Head of Business Development at GetYourGuide said: “We are very excited to work with Norwegian Reward, a true innovative leader in loyalty programmes. This partnership allows us to offer amazing local tours and activities to Norwegian Reward members at the most relevant moment of their journey, making their travel experiences truly memorable."
Members can also earn rewards on all Norwegian flights which can be used to boost CashPoints, gain free seat reservation, free fast-track or free baggage for a year.
The popular loyalty programme was awarded the “Best up-and-coming Award”at the 2016 Freddie Awards - the most prestigious member-generated awards in the travel loyalty industry.
To earn CashPoints while exploring the world with GetYourGuide visit: http://bit.ly/2c5KKLX
Notes to editors
- Launch promotion ends 6 October, 2016 - all Norwegian Reward members:
- Receive 10% discount on total price of any activity booked on GetYourGuide
- Earn double CashPoints (10%) on all GetYourGuide bookings
- Standard CashPoint earnings are 5% per GetYourGuide booking
Norwegian in the UK:
- Norwegian first launched UK flights in 2003 and now operates from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester Airports to more than 40 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 3.9 million yearly passengers, and with more than 700 pilots, cabin crew and staff working from its Gatwick base
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 8 U.S destinations with fares from just £135 one way
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for four consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2016, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in both 2015 and 2016