Low-cost airline Norwegian has today launched a global partnership with Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN) giving the carrier’s loyal customers access to exclusive rates at a broader range of hotels whilst earning cost savings on all Norwegian flights.
In an exclusive agreement, Norwegian has added nearly 300,000 of EAN’s hotel accommodations and more than 100 million trusted reviews to its flight offering with EAN’s ‘Hotels.com for Partners’ product.
EAN’s ‘Hotels.com for Partners’ retail platform gives Norwegian customers access to an extensive selection of hotels and discounted package rates when booking a flight and a hotel together on Norwegian’s new co-branded website with Hotels.com. EAN will provide online accommodation suggestions in Norwegian’s flight booking confirmation emails. Norwegian’s customers will also have the choice and flexibility to pay for their hotel reservation at the time of booking or upon arrival.
Five million global members of Norwegian’s loyalty programme, Norwegian Reward, can also now earn Cashpoints when booking hotels, which can be used as full or partial payment for Norwegian flights. Norwegian Reward members can choose from hundreds of thousands of hotels and earn 5% CashPoints on each booking.
Lars Sande, Senior Vice President of Sales at Norwegian, says: “We’re giving Norwegian customers a million more reasons to book hotels as our new agreement with Expedia Affiliate Network takes-off. Customers now have easy access to a wide range of high quality hotels at competitive rates and Norwegian Reward members can also earn CashPoints that saves them money when flying with us in the future. By combining Norwegian flights with accommodation booked through Hotels.com it’s now more affordable than ever to book a holiday with Norwegian.”
Alfonso Paredes, Vice President, EMEA & LatAm, EAN Brand, says: “The EAN team is very excited to be partnering with Norwegian. We have worked closely to deliver a product which allows Norwegian to keep the customer top of mind and gives the airline’s customers quality, choice, discounted rates and the ability to earn loyalty points. EAN’s dedicated team of experts will continue to work closely with Norwegian to ensure they are able to offer their customers the best hotel booking experience.”
The new partnership comes as Norwegian is gearing up for the launch of 10 new transatlantic routes from the UK and Ireland to three new destinations in the USA this summer.
Norwegian in the UK:
- Norwegian carries 4.5 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester Airports to 50 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4 million yearly passengers, and with more than 700 pilots, cabin crew and staff working from its Gatwick base
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 8 U.S destinations with fares from just £135 one way
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for four consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2016, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in both 2015 and 2016