- Airline releases more than a million seats of its summer 2020 schedule from London to USA
- Phased release of summer 2020 schedule begins
- Book early for the cheapest fares and best seat selection
Norwegian today announces the release of more than one million seats to the USA, launching the release of its summer 2020 flight schedule. Consumers planning next year’s summer holidays can now book affordable nonstop flights from London Gatwick to nine US cities from £157 one way at www.norwegian.com/uk.
Voted Skytrax Best Low-Cost Long-Haul Airline, Norwegian has grown to become a leading transatlantic carrier that offers consumers a high-quality service at great value fares. Operating modern Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft with free Wi-Fi that are more environmentally friendly, customers travel in comfort with attentive crew and attractive schedules from London Gatwick to the most popular destinations in the USA and South America.
Norwegian has started the release of its summer 2020 flights to the USA, which are available to book now with one-way fares from:
London Gatwick to –
- Boston (BOS) – £157 economy / £472 Premium
- New York (JFK) – £157 economy / £542 Premium
- Orlando (MCO) – £172 economy / £602 Premium
- Tampa (TPA) – £172 economy / £602 Premium
- Denver (DEN) – £187 economy / £602 Premium
- Miami (MIA) – £192 economy / £602 Premium
- Austin (AUS) – £197 economy / £602 Premium
- San Francisco (SFO) – £197 economy / £602 Premium
- Los Angeles (LAX) – £197 economy / £602 Premium
Matthew Wood, SVP Long-Haul Commercial at Norwegian said: “Brits love a bargain which is why we are giving consumers plenty of time to start planning next year’s summer holidays with early access to our lowest fares to the USA.
“We will be releasing more flights in phases that make up the rest of our summer 2020 flight schedule but until then, we recommend that consumers book early to secure the best fares and their preferred seats on board our modern environmentally-friendly aircraft to the USA’s top cities.”
Europe’s third largest low-cost airline will release the remainder of its summer 2020 programme in phases over the coming weeks. The airline currently operates more flights to the USA than any other carrier from London Gatwick and is the only carrier serving Brazil and Argentina nonstop from the airport.
Norwegian is ranked the most fuel-efficient transatlantic carrier by The International Council for Clean Transportation (ICCT), operating 787 Dreamliners that are more environmentally friendly and up to 20 per cent more fuel efficient than more traditional aircraft.
Notes to editors:
- Fares are one-way per person, incl. taxes and charges, subject to availability
- Travel period is from 29 March 2020 – June 2020
- Frequencies and schedules are subject to change
- New fares are typically released up to 365 days in advance
Norwegian in the UK and Ireland:
- Norwegian carries almost 6 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh and Manchester Airports to 30 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 1,000 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 12 U.S destinations, Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro from London Gatwick
- In 2017, Norwegian also launched affordable transatlantic flights from Edinburgh, Dublin, Cork and Shannon to the US East Coast, using the brand new Boeing 737 MAX aircraft
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.8 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Boeing 737 MAX and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for six consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2018, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Norwegian Reward is the airline's free to join award-winning loyalty programme offering members CashPoints and Rewards that reduce the cost of Norwegian flights