Airline expands Scandinavian network
Norwegian is expanding its Scandinavian network at Manchester Airport with the addition of a new non-stop service to Bergen. Passengers in Manchester and the North West will now be able to explore the Norwegian city of Bergen for less this winter with fares from £43.90 one way.
The new route will commence on the 28th October 2019 for the winter season with two weekly flights on a Monday and Friday, offering consumers more choice when travelling with Norwegian to Scandinavia.
As the Gateway to the Fjords of Norway, a UNESCO World Heritage City and a European City of Culture, the Bergen region combines nature, culture and urban life all in one place. Visitors can enjoy a trip to take in the spectacular landscape views of the fjords, before enjoying the history and culture of Bergen.
Magnus Maursund, SVP commercial Short Haul at Norwegian said: “Norwegian’s new flight to Bergen from Manchester will allow passengers in the North West to take advantage of our affordable fares all while enjoying our award-winning complimentary Wi-Fi and modern comfortable cabin on new state-of the-art aircraft.”
Julian Carr, Aviation Director at Manchester Airport, said: “It’s great to see Norwegian increase its destination choice from Manchester Airport to include Bergen. I am sure this route will prove incredibly popular with the 22 million passengers in our vast catchment area by giving more accessibility to this Scandinavian city.”
In addition to the new flight, Norwegian already operates three non-stop routes to Scandinavia from Manchester Airport with three weekly flights to Oslo, two weekly flights to Stavanger and two weekly flights to Stockholm. Along with the new route the airline will now offer nine weekly flights to Scandinavia from Manchester.
Norwegian began operating from Manchester Airport in 2011 and all flights are served by new 186 seat Boeing 737-800 aircraft, offering all passengers free onboard Wi-Fi and live TV.
Norwegian carries more than 5.8 million UK passengers each year to over 50 global destinations. The airline was ranked the most fuel-efficient airline on transatlantic routes by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) and has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.8 years.
Book now – visit www.norwegian.com/uk or call 0330 8280854
– ENDS –
Notes to editors
Based on lowest available one-way fare per person, incl. taxes and charges, subject to availability
Flight schedule – all times local
Monday – DY1345 departs Manchester 12.15 arrives Bergen 14.55
Monday – DY1344 departs Bergan 19.30 arrives Manchester 20.10
Friday – DY1345 departs Manchester 20.50 arrives Bergen 23.30
Friday – DY1344 departs Bergan 10.50 arrives Manchester 11.30
Norwegian in the UK and Ireland:
- Norwegian carries almost 6 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh and Manchester Airports to 30 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 1,000 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 12 U.S destinations, Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro from London Gatwick
- In 2017, Norwegian also launched affordable transatlantic flights from Edinburgh, Dublin, Cork and Shannon to the US East Coast, using the brand new Boeing 737 MAX aircraft
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.8 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Boeing 737 MAX and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for six consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2018, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Norwegian Reward is the airline's free to join award-winning loyalty programme offering members CashPoints and Rewards that reduce the cost of Norwegian flights