Christmas cookie and festive sandwich now available on select flights from London Gatwick and Edinburgh
Throughout December, Norwegian is adding some Christmas cheer to the skies with the addition of tasty treats on select flights from London Gatwick and Edinburgh.
From London Gatwick to the USA, passengers can now enjoy an extra sweet treat over the festive season. All passengers in Premium and those travelling in economy who have pre-booked a meal can now enjoy a tasty Christmas cookie as they relax onboard our state-of-the-art Dreamliner aircraft. The Christmas pudding flavoured cookie with mixed spices, fruit and oats will come as part of the full meal service, so passengers can get into the Christmas spirit up in the skies.
For those with a savoury tooth, a festive inspired sandwich is available to purchase on all European flights from London Gatwick and on flights from Edinburgh to Oslo. The Christmas Sandwich comprising of premium turkey with cranberry sauce and park, sage and onion stuffing on seeded farmhouse bread is available for purchase for £4.50 from the 1st December.
Live Marie Aasheim, Head of Inflight Services said: “We know that Norwegian customers are looking for something a bit different when they fly with us, which is why we are delighted to add a bit of festive cheer to our menu. Passengers can now enjoy a Christmas Cookie while travelling with us to the States from London Gatwick or tuck into a Christmas inspired sandwich on their journey to Europe, all while enjoying the comforts of our brand-new aircraft.”
Norwegian carries more than 5 million UK passengers each year from four UK airports, to over 50 global destinations. The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, and more than 200 new aircraft on order. Norwegian has been awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ for three consecutive years at the SkyTrax World Airline Awards.
Norwegian in the UK:
- Norwegian carries 5.2 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh and Manchester Airports to 50 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 1,000 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 9 U.S destinations and Singapore with fares from just £139 one way
- In 2017, Norwegian also launched affordable transatlantic flights from Edinburgh, Belfast, Dublin, Cork and Shannon to the US East Coast, using the brand new Boeing 737 MAX aircraft
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for five consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2017, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Norwegian Reward is the airline's free to join award-winning loyalty programme offering members CashPoints and Rewards that reduce the cost of Norwegian flights