Press release -
Norwegian loyalty programme launches global airport lounge partnership with Collinson Group
Norwegian, the world’s sixth largest low-cost carrier, has partnered with Collinson Group, experts in customer loyalty and owners of Lounge Pass, to allow members of the airline’s loyalty programme to save costs on flights when purchasing airport lounge access.
Norwegian Reward, the award-winning loyalty programme, is now giving its five million global members a way to earn CashPoints when purchasing airport lounge access at LoungePass.com. CashPoints can be used as full or partial payment for Norwegian flights without restriction and can be spent on items such as checked baggage and seat reservations.
Brede Huser, Senior Vice President of Norwegian Reward, said, “Our five million Norwegian Reward members can now gain convenient access to Lounge Pass’s network of 426 airport lounges in 265 airports worldwide, including 148 across Europe. Not only will it improve our members’ airport experience but they can also earn more CashPoints that can make future travel with Norwegian even more affordable. Collinson Group is one of the most recognised and experienced companies in travel and customer loyalty and we look forward to taking off our new partnership that will ultimately benefit all Norwegian Reward members.”
Errol McGlothan, General Manager, Lifestyle Benefits, Collinson Group, commented, “Collinson Group continually explores ways to innovate and deliver solutions that will help forward-thinking airlines drive customer loyalty and ancillary revenues. Our research has revealed that a wide range of rewards and offers, including lounge access, was the most important aspect of a loyalty program to their members. We are delighted to be able to support travelers who prefer to fly with a low-cost carrier, and who also desire a rewarding and enhanced airport experience.”
“We are very pleased to partner with Norwegian and provide Norwegian Reward members with a streamlined, efficient and accessible way to book a VIP airport lounge experience online and earn CashPoints in the process. As Lounge Pass’s network of 426 VIP airport lounges continues to grow, we look forward to Norwegian Reward members enjoying lounge access at all the top travel destinations around the world”, he concluded.
Norwegian Reward members earn CashPoints in a number of ways including when booking Norwegian flights, hotel rooms and car rental with partner organisations. Norwegian Reward is one of the most generous loyalty programmes in the skies, with almost 700,000 UK passengers signed up to the programme, which is free to join.
Through this new partnership with Collinson Group, members of Norwegian Reward can earn CashPoints on a wider range of airport lounges in addition to those at Gatwick, Heathrow, Edinburgh and Birmingham airports in the UK.
For further details about Norwegian Reward, please visit www.norwegianreward.com
Norwegian in the UK:
- Norwegian carries 4.5 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester Airports to 50 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4 million yearly passengers, and with more than 700 pilots, cabin crew and staff working from its Gatwick base
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 8 U.S destinations with fares from just £139 one way
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for four consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2016, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in both 2015 and 2016