Press release -
Norwegian announces new route to Tampa and further increases for Winter 2018
- Norwegian to operate new twice-weekly service from London to Tampa from 31stOctober 2018
- Added flights to Florida this winter with increases to Fort Lauderdale (Miami) and Orlando routes
- UK’s first low fare route to Buenos Aires to become a daily service due to passenger demand
Norwegian is pleased to announce that from 31st October 2018 the airline will launch a new twice-weekly service from London Gatwick to Tampa – Florida. Flights are now available to book today at www.norwegian.com/uk from £175.
The airline will also give customers greater choice to Florida and other parts of the world this winter as it launches its winter schedule of long-haul flights from London Gatwick. The airline has made the following schedule updates:
- Daily service to Fort Lauderdale (Miami)– The popular service increases this winter to a daily service, up from three flights a week, giving more choice to travellers seeking a relaxing beach holiday. Fares are available from £175 in economy and £515 in Premium one way.
- Four weekly flights to Orlando- Visiting the world-famous family adventure parks is now even easier as the Orlando route increases from three to a four-weekly service. Fares are available from £175 in economy and £515 in Premium one way.
- Daily service to Buenos Aires- In response to strong demand for the London Gatwick to Buenos Aires route, services will increase from four flights a week to a daily service providing customers with greater flexibility and convenience. Lowest fares are now available from £315 in economy and £640 in Premium one way.
- Three weekly flights to Las Vegas-For high rollers, Las Vegas returns this winter with an additional service with a third weekly flight. Fares start from £195 in economy and £515 in Premium one way.
- Daily service to Boston –Services to Boston will increase from five flights a week to a daily service.Fares start from £155 in economy and £415 in Premium one way.
Thomas Ramdahl, Chief Commercial Officer at Norwegian said: “Norwegian continues to offer customers increased choice, flexibility and value throughout winter 2018 and we are pleased to welcome Tampa, Florida, as a new destination to our network. Our modern fleet of aircraft allow customers, whether travelling for work or leisure, to enjoy their trip from the moment they step on board thanks to our award-winning state of the art entertainment system, comfortable and spacious cabin and friendly cabin crew.”
Guy Stephenson, Chief Commercial Officer, Gatwick Airport, said: “Norwegian's new Tampa service, a new daily schedule for the existing Buenos Aires and Boston routes and increases to other services, all give our passengers yet more choice and flexibility. This choice, combined with the airline's competitive prices and high quality service, are appreciated by both our business and leisure passengers and are an important reason for Norwegian's success at Gatwick.”
Norwegian’s long-haul flights from London Gatwick are operated by brand new Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft offering up to 344 seats in a two-class configuration, economy and Premium. A new extended Premium cabin has been introduced, with 60% more seats for passengers wanting an enhanced experience. The new 56-seat cabin configuration will continue to offer passengers more than a metre of legroom, complimentary meal service and drinks, generous baggage allowance and airport lounge access.
Norwegian is the second largest long-haul airline at Gatwick with 13 direct long-haul destinations. For winter 2018 the airline will serve 11 routes to the USA including the new addition of Tampa.
Other network changes this winter include a recently announced third daily service to JFK, with London Gatwick to Chicago reducing to four weekly flights from a daily service, Oakland (San Francisco) reducing to three weekly flights from four per week and Austin and Seattle becoming seasonal routes from 28thOctober 2018.
Notes to editors:
Winter schedule is from 28 October 2018 – 31 March 2019
Fares are per person and based on the lowest available one-way fare incl. taxes and charges.
Flight schedule: London Gatwick - Tampa - local times:
- DI 7165 Departs London 14:55 Arrives Tampa 19:35 - Wednesdays and Saturdays
- DI 7166 Departs Tampa 21:00 Arrives London Gatwick 09:55+1 - Wednesdays and Saturdays
Passengers travelling in the Premium cabin can enjoy:
- Dedicated Premium check-in
- Lounge access at selected airports
- Fast Track security where available
- Comfortable seat in the Premium cabin with over a metre of legroom
- Two checked bags x 20 kg included
- Seat reservation at time of booking
- Complimentary drinks which can be ordered through the in-flight entertainment system
- Pre-meal drinks
- Premium three-course meal including drinks
- Second lighter service or breakfast
- USB charger and power outlet by your seat
- State-of-the-art touch screen entertainment system
Norwegian in the UK and Ireland:
- Norwegian carries 5.8 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh and Manchester Airports to 50 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 1,000 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 11 U.S destinations, Buenos Aires and Singapore
- In 2017, Norwegian also launched affordable transatlantic flights from Edinburgh, Belfast, Dublin, Cork and Shannon to the US East Coast, using the brand new Boeing 737 MAX aircraft
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.7 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Boeing 737 MAX and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for five consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2017, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Norwegian Reward is the airline's free to join award-winning loyalty programme offering members CashPoints and Rewards that reduce the cost of Norwegian flights