Press release -
Norwegian adds over 75,000 low-cost transatlantic seats this winter
Extra flights added to Los Angeles, Orlando and Fort Lauderdale, plus new route to Las Vegas
Low-cost airline Norwegian is expanding its long-haul network by releasing a record number of seats for this winter, perfect for holiday loving Brits looking for a bargain break in the States. Over 75,000 seats are now available to book on Norwegian’s direct low-cost long-haul flights between the UK and US for travel from November 2016 to March 2017.
Along with a record number of seats, six new weekly flights have also been added to the program, giving consumers extra choice and flexibility when travelling with Norwegian this winter. Norwegian now offers low-cost flights from London Gatwick to eight U.S destinations. Winter routes and additional flights now on sale include:
- Three-weekly flights to Fort Lauderdale – this has been increased with one extra flight now departing on a Sunday
- Five weekly flights to Los Angeles – this has been increased with two extra flights now departing on Monday and Friday
- A year-round weekly service to Orlando – a new winter flight departing on a Saturday means Orlando is now a year-round service
- Brand-new twice-weekly flights to Las Vegas – Norwegian’s newest low-cost US route begins in late October with flights departing Monday and Thursday
- Daily flights to New York – Norwegian’s existing daily flights to the Big Apple continue throughout the winter
- Twice weekly flights to Puerto Rico – Norwegian’s low-cost Caribbean route returns in the Winter season with twice-weekly flights now on sale
All Norwegian flights are priced one way, making a twin centre city break easier and more affordable, with flights from just £149 one way.
Thomas Ramdahl, Chief Commercial Officer for Norwegian, said: "Today Norwegian has made a record 75,000 long-haul seats available to buy on routes to the US for winter 2016 – helping the British public to secure the best possible deals by booking in advance. With eight low-cost routes to the US, Norwegian continues to provide Brits with cheaper transatlantic travel, all while flying passengers in high-quality comfort on the newest Dreamliner aircraft.
“Winter 2016 will be our busiest yet as Brits seek out our affordable flights to popular US destinations. So whether you want to fly to Boston for a city break or head to Los Angeles and road-trip up the coast, the increased number of affordable seats will make it easier than ever before for Brits to take their dream US holiday this winter.”
Norwegian is the only airline to offer UK passengers direct low-cost flights to the US and Caribbean. The airline has one of the youngest fleets in the world and exclusively operates 787 Dreamliner aircraft on all routes to and from America.
Norwegian has also reduced its Premium fares by up to 30% with passengers now able to receive an enhanced travel experience including extra legroom, lounge access and priority boarding from £399 to all US destinations.
Seats are available to book now at www.norwegian.com or call0330 8280854
- ENDS -
Norwegian in the UK:
- Norwegian first launched UK flights in 2003 and now operates from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester Airports to more than 40 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 3.9 million yearly passengers, and with more than 700 pilots, cabin crew and staff working from its Gatwick base
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airlines now flies to 7 U.S destinations with fares from just £135 one way
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of four years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for three consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards, and was also the first airline to be awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015 by SkyTrax