Reference is made to the stock exchange notice published on 11 September 2019 relating to the preliminary result in respect of the proposal for certain amendments to its two unsecured bonds NAS07 and NAS08.
On 16 September 2019, separate bondholders’ meetings were held in NAS07 and NAS08 and both meetings voted in favour for the proposed amendments with sufficient majority. See confirmation from Nordic Trustee AS.
“We’re pleased with the bondholders’ decision to amend the bonds as it will give us added financial headroom going forward. We believe it demonstrates faith in our strategy and support of the important measures Norwegian is undertaking to return to profitability. The company’s operational performance continues to improve, and we are on track to reach the targeted cost-reductions of two billion NOK in 2019,” said acting CEO Geir Karlsen.
DNB Markets, a part of DNB Bank ASA, and Pareto Securities AS have assisted NAS as financial advisers. BAHR is acting as legal adviser for NAS and Wikborg Rein for the financial advisers.
For more information, please contact: Tore Østby, EVP Strategic Development and IR, phone: +47 995 46 400
Norwegian in the UK and Ireland:
- Norwegian carries almost 6 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh and Manchester Airports to 30 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 1,500 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 12 U.S destinations, Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro from London Gatwick
- In 2017, Norwegian also launched affordable transatlantic flights from Dublin, Cork and Shannon to the US East Coast.
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations and 14 long-haul destinations.
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.8 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Boeing 737 MAX and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for six consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2018, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Norwegian Reward is the airline's free to join award-winning loyalty programme offering members CashPoints and Rewards that reduce the cost of Norwegian flights