Norwegian, the World’s Best Low-Cost Long-Haul Airline and Airline of the Year 2017, today received three prestigious awards at the Airline Passenger Experience Association (APEX) Passenger Choice Awards™ in Los Angeles, California. Norwegian received a 2018 Four-Star Official Rating from over half a million passengers who took part in the highly influential awards. In addition, Norwegian took home the award for ‘Best Wi-Fi’ and ‘Best Overall Passenger Experience, Low Cost Carrier in Europe’.
“We are extremely proud to win three such amazing awards, especially as they are voted on by the people we are most committed to – our customers. Our passengers steady vote of confidence allows us to continue our expansion as a global airline and continuously improve our customer experience,” said Boris Bubresko, VP Business Development at Norwegian.
Norwegian was the first airline in Europe to introduce in-flight Wi-Fi in the air back in 2011, and the first carrier to offer it fleet-wide across our European fleet. Since pioneering the service in more than 20 million passengers have connected to Wi-Fi at 35,000ft.
“We were the first to launch free Wi-Fi in Europe and remain the only airline in Europe to offer it for free, which tens of thousands of customers enjoy every day. We know this is an important factor for many customers and we would like to thank our passengers for choosing Norwegian. We will continue to strive to provide our passengers with a great travel experience at an affordable price,” said Bubresko.
The Passenger Choice Awards, created by the Airline Passenger Experience Association (APEX), invites air travelers from around the world to rate their recent in-flight experiences. More than 500,000 flights were rated by passengers from around the world between 24 October 2017 and 31 July 2018 culminating in this year’s awards.
Norwegian’s fleet renewal program continues with full force in 2018. The company took delivery of one Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner and one Boeing 737 MAX 8 in May. In total, Norwegian will take delivery of 11 Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners, 12 Boeing 737 MAX 8 and two Boeing 737 800 aircraft during 2018.
Norwegian in the UK and Ireland:
- Norwegian carries 5.8 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh and Manchester Airports to 50 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 1,000 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 11 U.S destinations, Buenos Aires and Singapore
- In 2017, Norwegian also launched affordable transatlantic flights from Edinburgh, Belfast, Dublin, Cork and Shannon to the US East Coast, using the brand new Boeing 737 MAX aircraft
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.7 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Boeing 737 MAX and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for five consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2017, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Norwegian Reward is the airline's free to join award-winning loyalty programme offering members CashPoints and Rewards that reduce the cost of Norwegian flights