Norwegian was today awarded the title of ‘Best Low Cost Airline – Europe’ for a fifth consecutive year by leading industry website www.airlineratings.com.
Airlineratings.com attracts over 20 million visitors from 232 countries, with the website announcing its Airline Excellence Awards each year to celebrate and promote excellence in the airline industry.
In selecting Norwegian as Europe’s Best Low Cost Airline for a fifth consecutive year, the website’s editorial team praised Norwegian for its innovation and for bringing affordable and safe travel to millions of global passengers, with Norwegian “dominating many aspects of the industry in Europe in recent years”.
Norwegian CEO Bjorn Kjos said: “This industry recognition is welcome news and underlines that high-quality services and affordable fares for passengers continue to be at the heart of Norwegian’s ambitious expansion.”
AirlineRatings.com Editor-in-Chief Geoffrey Thomas said:“Norwegian just keeps on getting better. Its continual innovation is bringing affordable, safe and fun travel to millions across Europe and now to much wider horizons. Norwegian is a clear winner and so are the travelling public.”
- Ends -
Norwegian in the UK:
- Norwegian carries 5.2 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Belfast and Manchester Airports to 50 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 1,000 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 9 U.S destinations and Singapore with fares from just £139 one way
- In 2017, Norwegian also launched affordable transatlantic flights from Edinburgh, Belfast, Dublin, Cork and Shannon to the US East Coast, using the brand new Boeing 737 MAX aircraft
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for five consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2017, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Norwegian Reward is the airline's free to join award-winning loyalty programme offering members CashPoints and Rewards that reduce the cost of Norwegian flights