- First low-cost airline in the UK to introduce temperature filter to select flights
Norwegian today launches a brand-new feature on its website that allows customers to find their next destination based on their preferred temperature – a first by a low-cost airline in the UK.
Holidaymakers now have another simple way to choose from more than 40 destinations served by Norwegian from the UK by selecting a temperature range on its new route map to filter destinations at www.norwegian.com/uk/route-map/
Europe’s third largest low-cost airline, has unlocked affordable travel from the UK to global destinations in Europe, USA, Asia and South America using brand new, modern, fuel efficient aircraft with an average age of 3.7 years. The airline’s international growth has included the launch of the UK’s first nonstop low fare flights to Buenos Aires and Singapore which have joined the airline’s expanding number of flights to 11 US cities.
Norwegian’s new digital route map can now filter destinations based on the user’s desired temperature at the time of travel. Users can select a temperature range in the filter menu which ranges from minus 15 degrees Celsius to 30+ degrees Celsius. The route map also supports temperature in Fahrenheit.
Thomas Ramdahl, Chief Commercial Officer at Norwegian said: “We’re delighted to be the first low-cost carrier in the UK to allow consumers to choose from destinations based on their preferred temperature.
“By investing in enhancing our website, our new digital route map can not only make our expanding global network and lowest fares more visible to customers but also makes it much easier to decide where to fly with us next.”
Norwegian’s digital route map displays the airline’s extensive global route network and lowest fares from the chosen departure airport. Users can also filter destination results based on month of travel, budget limit and type of destination.
From London Gatwick, the airline serves destinations in the Arctic Circle including Tromso, Norway and Rovaniemi, Finland in the winter and cities in warmer climates year-round such as Orlando, Tenerife and Fort Lauderdale (Miami).
- Norwegian route map can be found here: https://www.norwegian.com/uk/route-map
- Norwegian serves around 30 destinations in Europe and 13 long-haul destinations in the USA, Argentina and Singapore from London Gatwick.
Norwegian in the UK and Ireland:
- Norwegian carries 5.8 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh and Manchester Airports to 50 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 1,000 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 11 U.S destinations, Buenos Aires and Singapore
- In 2017, Norwegian also launched affordable transatlantic flights from Edinburgh, Belfast, Dublin, Cork and Shannon to the US East Coast, using the brand new Boeing 737 MAX aircraft
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.7 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Boeing 737 MAX and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for five consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2017, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Norwegian Reward is the airline's free to join award-winning loyalty programme offering members CashPoints and Rewards that reduce the cost of Norwegian flights