Low-cost airline Norwegian is launching its busiest ever winter with brand new low-cost flights from Manchester to Gran Canaria and Tenerife this week. Sun-seekers have the perfect excuse for a winter getaway with fares available to the Canary Islands from £39.90.
Norwegian’s inaugural flight to Gran Canaria departs on Sunday 30 October with a twice-weekly service and the carrier’s brand new twice weekly flights to Tenerife commence on Monday 1 November. These new routes will be exclusively serviced by brand new aircraft offering all passengers free inflight Wi-Fi and live TV on board.
Norwegian’s new route to Gran Canaria will operate throughout the winter while services to Tenerife will continue year-round. The new Canary Islands destinations join Norwegian’s three newly launched routes from Manchester this year with the addition of Malaga, Alicante and Barcelona to the fast growing airline’s network.
Thomas Ramdahl, Chief Commercial Officer at Norwegian said: “We’ve added five new routes from Manchester this year and our growth doesn’t stop with our new Canary Islands destinations. Holidaymakers will take-off to sunnier climates while enjoying free inflight Wi-Fi on our high quality flights this week. With hundreds of brand new aircraft on order, passengers will have more affordable choices with Norwegian as our Manchester growth is set to continue.”
The launch of the Canary Islands routes follows the introduction of new routes to Malaga and Alicante alongside a summer-only route to Barcelona in June which is set to return next summer. Fares are currently available this winter from Manchester to Malaga and Alicante from as low as £29.90.
Europe’s third largest low-cost carrier offers the UK’s only direct low-cost flights to the U.S. with fares available from £135 in economy and £399 in Premium to destinations including Boston, Las Vegas and Oakland-San Francisco from London Gatwick.
Norwegian in the UK:
- Norwegian first launched UK flights in 2003 and now operates from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester Airports to more than 40 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 3.9 million yearly passengers, and with more than 700 pilots, cabin crew and staff working from its Gatwick base
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 8 U.S destinations with fares from just £135 one way
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for four consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2016, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in both 2015 and 2016